The following is a list of scheduled events and hamfests up through mid year 2020. Details for each event will be forthcoming as the event draws near.
- General Licensing Class – January 21st through March 10th – We will be holding a 8 week General FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Class beginning on Tuesday, January 22nd through Tuesday, February 26th. Each class begins at 6:00pm and will be held at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223. The General exam will be held on Saturday, March 14th
- WCARA Business Meeting/Elections – January 30th – We will be having a WCARA Club business meeting and elections on January 24th. The meeting will begin at 6:00pm and will be held at the K&W Cafeteria in the Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro. Details will follow in a email as the meeting draws closer.
- WCARA Sprint – TBD
- NC QSO Party – TBD
- VE Test Session – March 5th – If you are looking to upgrade we will have a test session on Saturday, March 5th at 9:00am at 1ST Ph Church, Goldsboro.
- WCARA Un-Fest – May 7th. – The Un-Fest will be held on May 7th from 8:00am until 12:00pm in Goldsboro, NC at the 1st PH Church, Goldsboro. The Un-Fest is held in the back of the Church
- Museum Ships Weekend – June 4th and 5th – We will be joining the Kinston Amateur Radio Society aboard the CSS Neuse II. We will only operate on Saturday, June 1st from 9:00am until the bands close that evening. For more information contact the KARS president at email@example.com Once updated the following website will have more information relevant to the event http://www.nj2bb.org/museum
Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
The Address to the CSS Neuse II is: 118 N. Heritage Street, Kinston, NC 28508
We all had a wonderful time at this event last year and are looking forward to another great event this year.
- Field Day Prep – June 24th – We will be doing FD set up that Friday starting after 3 pm and lasting until done. We will have “cook what you brung” cook out start around 6 pm that evening.
- Field Day – June 25th and 26th – The Wayne County Amateur Radio Association will participate in the ARRL Field Day on June 25th and 26th. We will be set up in the same location as last year. The Kinston Amateur Radio Society and Sampson County Amateur Radio Services will be invited to help with operations. As usual we will have a cookout on Saturday night. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.