The following is a list of scheduled events and hamfests up through mid year 2020. Details for each event will be forthcoming as the event draws near.
- General Licensing Class – January 21st through March 10th – We will be holding a 8 week General FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Class beginning on Tuesday, January 22nd through Tuesday, February 26th. Each class begins at 6:00pm and will be held at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223. The General exam will be held on Saturday, March 14th
- WCARA Business Meeting/Elections – January 30th – We will be having a WCARA Club business meeting and elections on January 24th. The meeting will begin at 6:00pm and will be held at the K&W Cafeteria in the Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro. Details will follow in a email as the meeting draws closer.
- Frostfest – February 1st – Frostfest will be held on February 2nd in Richmond, VA at the Richmond Raceway Complex. http://www.frostfest.com
- SkyWarn Class – February 20th – We will hold a SkyWarn Class on the 20th of Feb starting at 6 pm ending NLT 9 pm.
- WCARA Sprint – February 22nd – We will be having the WCARA Sprint on Feb 22nd. The Sprint is open to all Wayne County Amateur Radio Association, KARS, and SCARS members. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- NC QSO Party – February 29th – The NC QSO Party will be held on February 24th from 10:00am until 8:00pm EST. http://www.ncqsoparty.org
- VE Test Session – March 14th – If you are looking to upgrade we will have a test session on Saturday, March 14th at 9:00am at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223.
- North Carolina Section Convention (Charlotte Hamfest) – March 13th & 14th – The Charlotte Hamfest will be held on March 8th & 9th in Concord, NC at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center. http://www.charlottehamfest.org
- WCARA Busines Meeting – March 26th – We will be having a WCARA Club business meeting on March 26th. The meeting will begin at 6:00pm and will be held at the K&W Cafeteria in the Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro. Details will follow in a email as the meeting draws closer.
- Down East Hamfest – TBD – The Down East Hamfest will be held on April 6th in Kinston, NC. The times and location of the Hamfest have not been finalized yet. When the time and location are finalized they will be posted here.
- Antenna Class – February 7th – We will hold a basic antenna class at WCC, Holly Building, Room 223 from 6 pm until NLT 9 pm
- RARSfest – April 11th – RARSfest will be held on April 20th from 8:00am until 3:00pm in Raleigh, NC at the NC State Fairgrounds in the Jim Graham Building. http://www.rarsfest.org
- WCARA Un-Fest – May 2nd. – The Un-Fest will be held on May 2nd from 8:00am until 1:00pm in Goldsboro, NC at Wayne Community College. This will be the 2nd Annual Un-Fest sponsored by the Wayne County Amateur Radio Association. It is a tailgating only Hamfest. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- Museum Ships Weekend – June 6th and 7th – We will be joining the Kinston Amateur Radio Society aboard the CSS Neuse II. We will only operate on Saturday, June 1st from 9:00am until the bands close that evening. For more information contact the KARS president at firstname.lastname@example.org Once updated the following website will have more information relevant to the event http://www.nj2bb.org/museum
Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
The Address to the CSS Neuse II is: 118 N. Heritage Street, Kinston, NC 28508
We all had a wonderful time at this event last year and are looking forward to another great event this year.
- Field Day Prep – June 26th – We will be doing FD set up that Friday starting after 3 pm and lasting until done. We will have “cook what you brung” cook out start around 6 pm that evening.
- Field Day – June 27th and 28th – The Wayne County Amateur Radio Association will participate in the ARRL Field Day on June 27th and 28th. We will be set up in the same location as last year. The Kinston Amateur Radio Society and Sampson County Amateur Radio Services will be invited to help with operations. As usual we will have a cookout on Saturday night. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.