The following is a list of scheduled events and hamfests up through mid year 2019. Details for each event will be forthcoming as the event draws near.
- Technician Licensing Class – September 25th through November 13th – We will be holding a 8 week Technician FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Class beginning on Tuesday, September 25th through Tuesday, November 13th. Each class begins at 6:00pm and will be held at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223. The Technician exam will be held on Saturday, November 17th.
- Maysville Hamfest – Octobr 14th – The Maysville Hamfest will be held on October 14th in Maysville, NC.
- Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA) – October 21st – We have been asked along with the Sampson County Amateur Radio Club to support the Boy Scouts Tuscarora Council with operating a JOTA station on October 21st in Faison, NC. The station will operate from 2:00pm until 4:30pm at the Faison United Methodist Church. The address of the church is: 404 S. West Center Street Faison, NC 28431
- Voice of America Tour – November 8th – We will be touring the Voice of America (VOA) Transmitter Site on November 8th at 10:00am. If you would like to take the tour then please meet us at the VOA site at 10:00am. The address is: 3919 VOA Site B Road Grimesland, NC 27837-8977
- WCARA Club Meeting – November 15th – We will be having a WCARA Club meeting on November 15th at 6:30pm at Logan’s Roadhouse in Goldsboro.
- VE Test Session – November 17th – If you are looking to upgrade we will have a test session on Saturday, November 17th at 9:00am at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223.
- JARSFest – November 18th – JARSFest will be held on November 18th in Benson, NC. https://jars.net/information/Jarsfest2018.pdf
- Battleship North Carolina – December 7th – On December 7th we have been invited to work the Pearl Harbor Day Commemorative Special Events Station aboard the Battleship NC in Wilmington. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- Christmas Party – December 13th – On December 13th we will be holding our Christmas Party at the Walnut Creek Country Club in the Lakeside Room. The party will begin at 6:30pm. Please RSVP by December 9th. For more details please email Pete Wene at email@example.com
- General Licensing Class – January 22nd through February 26th – We will be holding a 6 week General FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Class beginning on Tuesday, January 22nd through Tuesday, February 26th. Each class begins at 6:00pm and will be held at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223. The General exam will be held on Saturday, March 2nd.
- WCARA Business Meeting/Elections – January 24th – We will be having a WCARA Club business meeting and elections on January 24th. The time and location is still to be determined. Details will follow in a email as the meeting draws closer.
- Winter Field Day – January 26th & 27th – Winter Field Day will be held on January 26th & 27th. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- Frostfest – February 2nd – Frostfest will be held on February 2nd in Richmond, VA at the Richmond Raceway Complex. http://www.frostfest.com
- WCARA Sprint – February 16th – We will be having the WCARA Sprint on February 16th. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- NC QSO Party – February 24th – The NC QSO Party will be held on February 24th from 10:00am until 8:00pm EST.
- VE Test Session – March 2nd – If you are looking to upgrade we will have a test session on Saturday, March 2nd at 9:00am at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223.
- North Carolina Section Convention (Charlotte Hamfest) – March 8th & 9th – The Charlotte Hamfest will be held on March 8th & 9th in Concord, NC at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center.
- RARSfest – April 20th – RARSfest will be held on April 20th from 8:00am until 3:00pm in Raleigh, NC at the NC State Fairgrounds in the Jim Graham Building.
- WCARA Un-Fest – May 4th – Un-Fest will be held on May 4th in Goldsboro, NC at Wayne Community College. This will be the 2nd Annual Un-Fest sponsored by the Wayne County Amateur Radio Association. It is a tailgating only Hamfest. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- Field Day – June 22nd & 23rd – The Wayne County Amateur Radio Association will participate in the ARRL Field Day on June 22nd & 23rd. We will be set up in the same location as last year. The Kinston Amateur Radio Society will be invited to help with operations. As usual we will have a cookout on Saturday night. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.