The following is a list of scheduled events and hamfests up through mid year 2019. Details for each event will be forthcoming as the event draws near.
- General Licensing Class – January 22nd through February 26th – We will be holding a 6 week General FCC Amateur Radio Licensing Class beginning on Tuesday, January 22nd through Tuesday, February 26th. Each class begins at 6:00pm and will be held at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223. The General exam will be held on Saturday, March 2nd.
- WCARA Business Meeting/Elections – January 24th – We will be having a WCARA Club business meeting and elections on January 24th. The meeting will begin at 6:00pm and will be held at the K&W Cafeteria in the Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro. Details will follow in a email as the meeting draws closer.
- Winter Field Day – January 26th & 27th – Winter Field Day will be held on January 26th & 27th. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer. http://www.winterfieldday.com
- Frostfest – February 2nd – Frostfest will be held on February 2nd in Richmond, VA at the Richmond Raceway Complex. http://www.frostfest.com
- NC QSO Party – February 24th – The NC QSO Party will be held on February 24th from 10:00am until 8:00pm EST. http://www.ncqsoparty.org
- VE Test Session – March 2nd – If you are looking to upgrade we will have a test session on Saturday, March 2nd at 9:00am at Wayne Community College in the Holly Building in room 223.
- North Carolina Section Convention (Charlotte Hamfest) – March 8th & 9th – The Charlotte Hamfest will be held on March 8th & 9th in Concord, NC at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center. http://www.charlottehamfest.org
- WCARA Sprint – March 24th – We will be having the WCARA Sprint on March 24th. The Sprint is open to all Wayne County Amateur Radio Association members. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- WCARA Busines Meeting – March 28th – We will be having a WCARA Club business meeting on March 28th. The meeting will begin at 7:00pm and will be held at the K&W Cafeteria in the Berkeley Mall in Goldsboro. Mr. Bill Morine who is the Vice Director of the ARRL Roanoke Division will be our guest speaker. Details will follow in a email as the meeting draws closer.
- Down East Hamfest – April 6th- The Down East Hamfest will be held on April 6th in Kinston, NC. The times and location of the Hamfest have not been finalized yet. When the time and location are finalized they will be posted here.
- RARSfest – April 20th – RARSfest will be held on April 20th from 8:00am until 3:00pm in Raleigh, NC at the NC State Fairgrounds in the Jim Graham Building. http://www.rarsfest.org
- WCARA Un-Fest – May 4th – Un-Fest will be held on May 4th from 8:00am until 1:00pm in Goldsboro, NC at Wayne Community College. This will be the 2nd Annual Un-Fest sponsored by the Wayne County Amateur Radio Association. It is a tailgating only Hamfest. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
- Museum Ships Weekend – June 1st & 2nd – We will be joining the Kinston Amateur Radio Society aboard the CSS Neuse II. We will only operate on Saturday, June 1st from 9:00am until the bands close that evening. For more information contact the KARS president at email@example.com Once updated the following website will have more information relevant to the event http://www.nj2bb.org/museum
Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.
The Address to the CSS Neuse II is: 118 N. Heritage Street, Kinston, NC 28508
We all had a wonderful time at this event last year and are looking forward to another great event this year.
- Field Day – June 22nd & 23rd – The Wayne County Amateur Radio Association will participate in the ARRL Field Day on June 22nd & 23rd. We will be set up in the same location as last year. The Kinston Amateur Radio Society and Sampson County Amateur Radio Services will be invited to help with operations. As usual we will have a cookout on Saturday night. Details will follow in a email as the event draws closer.